Best Blueberry Buttermilk Pancakes Recipe courtesy of Cookworks
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
21/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups buttermilk
1/4 cup melted unsalted butter, plus some for frying
1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
Serving suggestions: whipped cream and maple syrup.
In a large bowl sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
Beat the eggs with the buttermilk and melted butter. Combine the dry and the wet ingredients into a lumpy batter, being careful not to over mix, see Cook's Note*. Pour batter into the All in One Batter Dispenser.
Heat some butter in a skillet over medium heat and place the Perfect Pancake Mold in the pan. Pour batter into the pancake mold. Sprinkle the top with some of the blueberries. (blueberries can be mixed into the batter as well) Cook for 2 to 3 minutes and flip the Perfect Pancake and cook an additional 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
Serve with a dollop of whipped cream and maple syrup.
*Cook's Note - Over mixed batter will result in flat, heavy pancakes.
Innovative Pantry Tools Used
Grilled Chicken Quesadillas from Delish
1 medium white onion, chopped with Rolo Knife
2 medium red bell peppers, use the Prep Your Pepper Cutter Core.
Freshly ground pepper
2 (8-oz.) chicken breasts
1/2 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1/2 tsp. dried oregano
8 medium flour tortillas
3 c. shredded Monterey Jack
3 c. shredded cheddar
2 green onions, thinly sliced with Culinary Multi Blade Herb Scissors
Guacamole, Sour Cream, or Freshly sliced with the avocado for serving, using the All in One Avocado Slicer and Pitter.
- Preheat a grill pan over medium heat and oil the grates. Season chicken breast with chili powder, cumin, oregano, ½ teaspoon salt and pepper, and grill, turning occasionally, until browned and cooked through, 5 minutes per side. Remove chicken to a cutting board and let cool until vegetables are cooked.
- In a medium bowl, toss the onion and bell pepper with 1 teaspoon oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill the vegetables, turning occasionally, until lightly charred in places and just tender, about 8 to 10 minutes total. Remove vegetables from grill to a cutting board.
- Slice the chicken into thin strips with the Rolo Knife and mix in the chopped cooked pepper and onion.
- Oil the grill grates and add a flour tortilla to the grill. Top the tortilla with shredded Monterey Jack and Cheddar. On half of the tortilla clace the cooked chicken, onion and bell pepper, and green onions mix. When cheese melts, fold other half of tortilla on top and flip to cook until golden on both sides, about 3 minutes per side. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Slice into wedges with Rolo Knife and serve warm with sour cream and guacamole. Sprinkle with more green onions.
Innovative Pantry Tools Used